Tuesday, February 15, 2011

And These Are A Few of My Favorite Things

My biggest advice for happiness right now would have to be surrounding yourself with things you love. If you watch as many interior decorating and/or makeover shows as I do, you've heard this a thousand times and then some. But I swear, it REALLY works. And not only should you invest in things you like, but don't waste money or space on things that are less than amazing- the clutter just sucks out the beauty of your really great pieces. 

When I first started planning out how my living room would look, I chose safe colors. It was going to be a pretty space with a soft kind of comfort, but it lacked the personality that I was afraid to put in a room that would be used and viewed more than any other in the house. Late one night, I decided to start a new swatch board just for fun- the kind of room I'd create for myself if I had total control. And then that's when it hit me- I DO have total control. Yeah, a lot of people will see this space, but not as often as I will. And the people that come through my home will hopefully be fans of the kind of person I am, so it makes sense that they would appreciate and possibly love a room that actually reflects who I am and what I truly like- no, not like- LOVE.

Loves of my life:
- Books
- The color purple
- Beta fish
- Frida Kahlo
- Photos/art
- Flowers
- Shiny things
- Lace
- And, of course, my seeeeeeeeeeester!

Sooooo..... want to see how this concept looks/works in my life? Here's new and improved living room.



No comments:

Post a Comment