Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Something Old In Someplace New

Just this past Christmas my family and I made our annual trek from St. Louis to Texas to visit relatives. Excluding the cramped, seven-person, fourteen-hour car ride, it was- per the usual- a great way to spend the holidays. The three long days were a simple kind of fun- hot biscuts in the morning, presents in the afternoon, football in the back yard, good food all around, and naps as I pleased. But the absolute best part about the trip was the opportunity to scavenger for antiques in my grandparents' basement and attic. Among these dusty gems were an old fashioned coat rack, a wooden rocking chair, a gold clock in a fancy case, a bronze kettle, and this desk and mirror. Makes me feel kindda cool to have such old, family oriented pieces that are highly unlikely to be found in someone else's home (especially once I paint them purple). Plus, they're free!

No comments:

Post a Comment