Wednesday, August 31, 2011

To Gloss or Not To Gloss

Question of the Day: Is it awkward to put on lipstick for a 'woman's exam'? 

I struggled in the hospital bathroom with the possible interpretations of a 23 year old wearing hot pink lips (my signature color) topped with shimmer gloss for such an occasion. Would it make him think I was some kind of slutty weirdo? Like I was misinterpreting normal procedure for some kind of sterile first date? Awk. Ward. But then I was already anticipating the ugly cover-up I'd have to wear, and the fact that I'd, inevitably, be feeling more than a little awkward and out of my comfort zone. I mean, the guy was already gunna see me without any of my (specifically planned out for the event) clothes on, did I really have to go through this with naked lips too!? 

The truth is, at this point in my life, a good stick of color and a tube of gloss can instantly calm me down or liven me up; In short, it makes me feel good. So I did it. I laid down on that paper-covered, privacy-snatching slab with a flower in my hair, and lipstick on my lips, and I felt good. Well, pretty at least...

No comments:

Post a Comment