Friday, January 28, 2011

Sometimes I'm just Sketchy...


I recently finished my small contribution to The Sketchbook Project. I had a lot of fun with it, and definitely appreciated having another outlet to spill some creative juices into from time to time. I can't wait to see this exhibit and checkout everyone's books!!!!!! If you want a preview of how mine turned out, scroll on down!


Copy: A little bird sits on a line, ready for a song.
But where are all his birdie friends he needs to sing along?

Are they snoozing in their houses? Are they snuggling in their nest?
If early birds get the worm what happens to the rest?




Copy: I think I'd like to live in a museum. I'd be taken care of, beautiful, inspiring, AND appreciated. I could be a painting you could feel yourself floating towards until you fall inside to escape the world. I could be a photo- a moment so important it couldn't be sacrificed to the laws of time and change. Or maybe a statue! A seemingly ordinary statue a young girl happens to notice more than any others- enough to sit, sketch, and imagine a life for someone she's not sure really ever existed... a life for me. 



Copy: A flower lives inside a vase-
Pretty, but alone. 
Does it yearn for garden friends
Whilst sitting in your home?

A shiny vase cages beauty, 
Unfolding petals glow. 
Protected and adored inside, 
She can no longer grow. 




Copy: I''m writing from a rooftop, 
Potted plants my company. 
I look unto a city,
And its rooftops stare at me. 

Fresh green grapes from market men, 
No shoes upon my feet. 
Pajama pants- a comfort blanket, 
Wooden bench- my seat. 

Prague is yawning, sun is setting, 
Clouds turn pearl to grey. 
A light breeze blows my smoky hair, 
And carries stress away. 

It's a funny feeling 
To forget how to be sad. 
To finally feel each moment, 
Is the best you've ever had. 



Copy: The plane ride was great. I love looking down at the shrinking squares of cluttered city life and seeing a million green blankets of nothing but breathing room. So often I feel like we are running out of space, like the planet is being weighed down by the mass of an overpopulated race. But a view from the sky tells a different story and I am comforted by the emptiness- an escape on the edge of chaos, waiting for me... to jump.







1 comment:

  1. Hey you.
    I like your blog.

    Very pretty, very artistic. Makes this creeper smile.

    Megan

    ReplyDelete