Friday, January 21, 2011

Extreme Makeover: Chair Edition

Years ago- maybe five or six- I read about this girl who lived in a cellar, tied to a chair. She wasn't allowed to stand, walk, or breathe in summer air. She couldn't speak and she never showered or wore clothes. If she had any understanding or comprehension of her tragic existence in that dark hole, she must have thought she was born into hell- an experiment of the devil, crazed by authority and power. 

If I had to spend my days sitting in a single chair, I'd want it to be beautiful. It would have to have soft, purple cushions with a micro fleece blanket hanging on the back, ready for snuggling. I'd need there to be proper lighting- enough to read or draw. And it would have to be facing a window. And a TV. And be in a room that wasn't too cold. 

So where is all this chair talk headed??? Meet my newest DIY project!



No comments:

Post a Comment