Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year Everyone!

I gotta say, I’m super psyched about starting a New Year on 11:11 (1/1/11). It’s like the perfect day for making wishes which, ultimately, is the same thing as making resolutions; you know, I wish I’d lose twenty pounds, I wish I’d take more pictures, write a book, or get a paying job that’s not babysitting. This year, my wish-o-lutions come out to over 15 different ways I’ve committed to change or improve in order to become a ‘super-me’: eat more vegetables (recommended by my incredibly thin vegetarian sister), run outside, read the news every day, publish a children’s book, read the bible, blah blah blah… and so the list goes on.

Last year I came up with the idea to create a list of 12 things and on the first of each month I’d pick one. It seems like a cop-out now because when the month was over so was that resolution, but it was fun and took the pressure off of holding myself accountable for things I wasn’t sure would work out. I have to admit though, I ended up sticking to most of them for the rest of the year simply out of habit. Anywho, it might be something for you to try.   

Best wishes ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment